Lambda Pi Eta
Welcome to the Lambda Upsilon chapter of Lambda Pi Eta at Marist College! Lambda Pi Eta is the official honor society of Communication Studies of the National Communications Association (NCA).
History & Background
Lambda Pi Eta now has over 400 active chapters worldwide in four-year colleges and universities. LPH are the three letters Lambda Pi Eta goes by. These letters represent Aristotle's three ingredients of persuasion from his book entitled "Rhetoric". Logos (Lambda) stands for logic, Pathos (Pi) relates to emotion, and Ethos (Eta) is defined as character credibility and ethics. Lambda Pi Eta was founded at the University of Arkansas in 1985. Lambda became a part of the NCA in 1988 and the official honor society of the NCA in July of 1995.
- Recognize, foster and reward outstanding scholastic achievement in communication studies
- Stimulate interest in the field of communication
- Promote and encourage professional development among communication majors
- Provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas in the field of communication
- Establish and maintain closer relationships between faculty and students
- Explore options for graduate education in communication studies
* Current members, please check out our events & updates page for a list of our upcoming events