John P. Anderson Award
The guidelines are as follows:
• A maximum of 15 minutes
• 5 character maximum
• 5 total pieces of furniture allowed (from pieces located in the Black Box - FN101 only)
Furniture is optional
• 5 total hand-props (bowl, spoon, brush, purse, etc)
Props are optional
• 5 total sound cues (phone ring, Up/Down song, radio, etc) ⁃ Sound is optional
• No specific stage lighting other than general wash lighting.
• Costumes pulled from personal closets.
• No MCCTA stock or purchased items allowed. Costumes optional.
The plays must follow the guidelines listed below or else will be disqualified.
Please do not put your name on the play, but attach a cover sheet with your name and the name of the play.
Be sure to submit three hardcopies of the play for the judges to read.
Each play will be assigned a faculty mentor. Faculty mentors are available for consultation with playwright and director (but not actors), and to attend two rehearsals in an advisory capacity.
Directors, playwrights and faculty mentors will be matched for script development.
Plays chosen for Festival production are successful entries from the John P. Anderson Memorial Playwriting Competition.
Plays can be submitted to Professor Matt Andrews's mailbox, located on the second floor of Fontaine. All plays are due by December 12th at Noon.