The PR Point system is meant to encourage all members to become involved in the
Chapter. Points are based on time commitment and level of involvement in various
tasks. Marist College Priority Points will also be based on the PR Point system.
Points can be earned in the following ways:
- Sign up as a new member of PRSSA 5 Points
- Recruit a new member 10 PointsTake pictures for an esPResso article 10 Points
- Attend a PRSSA general meeting or workshop 15 Points
- Sign up for a committee 15 Points
- Attend a guest speaker event 15 Points
- Work at fundraising event 20 Points
- Help with set up for PRSSA guest speaker or event 20 Points
- Help with the layout of esPResso 20 Points
- Participate in a community service activity 20 Points
- Write an article for esPResso 20 Points
- Write a blog post 20 Points
- Run for an executive board position 30 Points
- Participate in Bateman Competition team 40 Points
- Participate in North Road Communications team 40 Points
NOTE: There will also be activities that come up throughout the semester that will give members opportunities to earn PR Points.
Non-active member - Under 75 Points
This member comes to a couple meetings and guest speaker events. Other than that, they do not participate in outside PRSSA activities.
Active Member - 76 - 145 Points
This member comes to most general meetings and guest speaker events.
Silver Member - 146 - 190 Points
This member not only comes to most or all meetings and guest speaker events but may be involved with esPResso or on another Chapter committee.
Gold Member - Above 190 Points
This member not only makes an effort to attend all PRSSA events, but truly wants to participate in the Chapter at a higher level, whether it is through running for a position, on the North Road Communications team or participating in the Bateman Case Study Competition.
- 1 point: Active members
- 2 points: Silver and gold members
- The person with the highest PR Points will receive their next year of membership for free (if a senior they will receive a $60 reimbursement).
- All gold members will be invited to a luncheon or dinner put on by PRSSA.